Thursday, November 15, 2012

Finding a place to Live - part 1

Blog Friends.

Looking for an apartment is very hard.  Singapore is lovely and filled with lovely places.  But somehow, all of the people looking for roommates are a little CRAZY.   Mind you, some of them are also lovely lovely people.  Some of them I hope will be my good friends - because of their crazy.  But some. . .

Apartment 1)

  
Let us call this one the crazy-vegan-lesbian-chef-event planners-business owners-model girls.  They were fun.  They were gracious.

The chef cooked me a delicious dish of vegan pasta and vegan wine (nobody seems to know why all wine isn't vegan, but this was confirmed in its vegan-ness).  We discussed sun-signs, watched some Ellen, admired the white leather couch.  I didn't choose this place as home partly because it was the first place I looked and I wanted to be sure about what was out there.  But partly because there was just a little bit too much potential drama for five girls sharing one bathroom.   Oh also, they had an alkaline water filter - guaranteed to make you pee forever, and sleep like a baby!


Apartment 2)

We are pretending this one never happened.

Apartment 3)

Indian guy who wants to share a bedroom.  It sounded so promising, just five minutes from work, lovely view, great swimming pool.  Turns out, not so much.  The entire apartment had just two rooms.  Bedroom and living/kitchen.  My potential roommate assured me that it was perfectly fine - we could take turns sleeping on the bed or the fold out couch.  It wouldn't be creepy at ALL for me to walk through his bedroom on the way to the bathroom EVERY single NIGHT.  And for this priviledge he was asking a mere $1600/month.     No.  Also, the pool is closed till 2014.






No comments:

Post a Comment