Thursday, November 15, 2012

Finding a place to live - part 2


Apartment 4)

Oh, I fell in love.  It is truly a garden oasis in the city as he claimed.  The roomie is another crazy one, but a quite lovely crazy indeed.  He was a model, disillusioned by the life of modelling he turned to politcial science and is working on his PHD.  The whole place is furnished in comfy old antiques (I know, by definition antiques are old, these were comfy-old so you wouldn't feel bad sitting on them).
The horn-bills fly by the patio.  There is an awesome breeze.  The neighbors do tai-chi on the tennis court nightly.   But the commute is long, the rent is expensive and it isn't available till maybe Dec 15.   I keep looking but day dream of living there.


Apartment 5)

Artiste who doesn't really bother cleaning the kitchen so much.  Oh, and the cat with no tail.



Apartment 6)

The first normal one.  Just a normal blocky, condo, apartment building.  No pool, no gym but super amazingly clean.  Cozy.  Big room.  Great commute.  Two normal Korean girl roomies who work in finance.  And a landlord who LURVES her gadgets.  She proudly showed me the chinese/italian airconditioning units (italian style meets chinese engine = A++).  Her freezer had an ice maker.  The microwave steams the rice (no rubbery rice!).  She has a roomba (but don't worry the maid still does the floors too).  Amazing.  I'll take it.  But sadly, the girl who saw the place just before me wants it.  I could have it on Jan 1 - - - but I can't stay in my hotel till then.

Apartment 7)

I'm supposed to meet the guy on Saturday at 7pm.  But he says he will pick me up at the MRT / metro this creeps me out for no good reason and I stand him up.  Ok, not completely.  I texted him that I wasn't going to make it.

Apartment 8)

The shining twins.  Yeah, two german girls named Adita and Adiata.  Seriously.  They were identical, grownups, but they shared a room, and a bed.  Creeeeepy.  I'm sure they were nice and their apartment was very mod and cool.  They were also just next to a Buddhist temple so you could hear the chanting from pool-side.   Nice, but too creepy for me.  

Apartment 9)

A stunningly beautiful chinese shop house on a perfectly cute little street of antique houses with shutters and love and joy.  The entire inside of the house had been gutted and renovated and fixed all fancy-modern.  Sleek, wood, shiny, techno-lights.  Amazing gourmet kitchen. I'm telling you these people are RICH!  But it is too rich for my budget.  They invite me to their halloween party and the wife makes macaroons.  I love them but I can't really live there.

Apartment 10 - 11 - 12)

Totally forgettable.

Apartment 13)

Another scary Indian guy.  (totally unfair and coincidental that they are both indian) Old, weird, has two shelves filled with rubbermaid bins in his LIVING ROOM!  And no furniture.

  not that kind of indian.

Apartment 14)

Perfectly nice indian guys who live in - - - Little India.  It is a great space, but they are a little uncomfortable having a girl roomie so.

Apartment 15)  Seriously this is taking up my ENTIRE life now.  I hate apartments.  Where are the normal people in Singapore?  Why don't they need roommates?

I give in and book two months on AirB&B in a perfectly nice room. I moved in on Saturday.  All is well.  More details and pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment